Oakland Gardens, NY
Evolving since 1977, Total Care Rx has been working with manufacturers, prescribers, payers and other industry stakeholders to deliver care for patients that need special attention. Total Care Rx is committed to optimizing patient care through various collaborative programs, innovative technological platforms and contracting initiatives with other partners in the industry.
Are you interested to joining an organization that’s not about the job but the satisfaction in helping people? Do you to join a fast paced specialty pharmacy in New York City?
Total Care Rx has developed a new state of the art facility. We are looking for people who will match this environment.
Total Care are looking to grow with these open positions:
· Pharmacy Specialty Coordinator
· Production Room Technician
Job Scope and Major Responsibilities:
- Receive/respond to provider and patient calls regarding the prior authorization and Plan’s formulary process to ensure smooth patient care.
- Assists the pharmacist in reviewing, processing, preparing, filling, labeling and dispensing of medications, supplies and the provision of pharmaceutical care, answering questions and requests, responding to and referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Arranges work activities so that the pharmaceutical needs of patients are met.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies & procedures.
- Responsible for the overall coordination and processing of patient medication orders.
- Process prescription refills to include: refill confirmation when appropriate, review pending refills with the supervising pharmacist, generate refill documentation and process third party claims adjudication within the assigned work que in a timely & accurate manner.
- Communicate as necessary with patients to determine general health status, medication compliance, drug and supply inventory, and overall coordination of care and service as applicable.
- Gather, organize, document, and report clinical data for review and action by the patient care team to include: lab data as applicable, results of patient contact documented on the custom assessment and hospitalizations.
- Complete all necessary paperwork, forms, maintaining the accuracy of software templates, and records according to policy.
- Ability to generate and schedule medication deliveries accurately to meet lead-time and delivery deadlines.
- Answer telephone and fulfill patient refill(s) request and related pharmacy business.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Contributing to team effort and willingness to be flexible to support dynamic needs of a small growing company.
- High School Diploma / GED required
- Must be familiar with general pharmacy terminology (SIG codes, brand and generic names of medications)
- Proficiency with a computer and Windows PC applications including the ability to navigate and learn new/complex computer system application
- Must be willing and available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
- Good self-discipline, attendance, and punctuality
- Multi-Lingual is preferred, Spanish Speak a bonus
- Some previous work in a call center environment or customer service role with heavy phones is preferred
- Ideal candidate has at least two years of experience as a Pharmacy Technician (preferred to be registered as a Pharmacy Technician PTCB )
- Excellent written/verbal communications, organization and time management skills
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and thrive in a dynamic environment
- COMPLETE the Indeed Qualification Test before application!
Total Care Rx is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to comply with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, genetic disposition, disability, veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract
Application QuestionsYou have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of non-sterile compounding lab experience do you have?
- How many years of pharmacy technician experience do you have?
- How many years of relevant experience do you have?
- Do you speak Spanish?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Go to all jobs