Flushing, NY 11355
*Duties and Responsibilities:
Ability to read and interpret prescriptions.
- Receive/respond to provider and patient calls regarding the prior authorization and Plan’s formulary process to ensure smooth patient care.
- Assists the pharmacist in reviewing, processing, preparing, filling, labeling and dispensing of medications, supplies and the provision of pharmaceutical care, answering questions and requests, responding to and referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Arranges work activities so that the pharmaceutical needs of patients are met.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies & procedures.
- Responsible for the overall coordination and processing of patient medication orders.
- Process prescription refills to include: refill confirmation when appropriate, review pending refills with the supervising pharmacist, generate refill documentation and process third party claims adjudication within the assigned work que in a timely & accurate manner.
- Communicate as necessary with patients to determine general health status, medication compliance, drug and supply inventory, and overall coordination of care and service as applicable.
- Gather, organize, document, and report clinical data for review and action by the patient care team to include: lab data as applicable, results of patient contact documented on the custom assessment and hospitalizations.
- Complete all necessary paperwork, forms, maintaining the accuracy of software templates, and records according to policy.
- Ability to generate and schedule medication deliveries accurately to meet lead-time and delivery deadlines.
- Answer telephone and fulfill patient refill(s) request and related pharmacy business.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Contributing to team effort and willingness to be flexible to support dynamic needs of a small growing company.
Go to all jobs